Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Night Owl

Confession, I am absolutely, totally, completely, entirely NOT a morning person. Not even a little. I consider 9:00am early and I don’t even begin to function like a normal person until about 10am. I have such a hard time being chipper when I first wake up and my morning prayer is never full of excitement.

Instead, you can hear me moan out a prayer that begs God to help me wake up and just survive my day.










Psalm 88:13
But I cry to you for help, O LORD; in the morning my prayer comes before you.
 
I wish I was more of a morning person.
One who wakes up ready to face the day and sing, “Rise and shine and give God the glory glory!”


Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.


I seem to be more in tune to God’s revelation later in the day.
And instead of God speaking to me in the sunrise, He speaks to me in the sunset.

I am a total night owl. I prefer my time with God later in the day or even more at night, when the house is quiet and still; after the hustle and bustle of the day is over. That seems to be when my spirit quiets itself waiting for God to whisper His promises in my ear and reveal His mercies to me in His Word. As I lay in bed, (usually after midnight) I think about His steadfastness and thank Him that I did survive my day.







Psalm 119:148
My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promise.

It’s good to know that God made me to be a night owl and not and early bird, being alert at night is part of who I am. I love knowing that He never sleeps and is always at His peek and it doesn’t matter if it is dawn or dusk, noon or midnight.


Psalm 121:3-4
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.


It’s also great to know that sleep, sweet sleep is something He gives us, especially when we need it most. 
Psalm 127:1-2
Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.